1. Bullet Manufacturing
- Consistent geometry (CNC manufactured).
- Mid-SAAMI tolerance on diameter (± 3,5 Micron (µm) maximum on manufacturing)
2. Technical Features of Bullet
- Pure copper (>99,5% copper).
- Environmentally friendly (lead-free).
- Aligned with international trends (embargo on leaded ammunition).
- The specific gravity of pure copper is 10 – 15% less than equivalent lead-core bullets. The monolithic bullet is lighter than the equivalent length lead core bullet, therefore increased velocity is achievable.
- By selecting the appropriate monolithic bullet for a given twist rate, a flatter trajectory may be achieved compared to the lead core alternative. Follow the manufacturer’s recommendation on selecting an appropriate bullet weight for the rifle’s twist rate.
2.2 Rebated Boat Tail
- Deflected gas flow away from the bullet during bullet exit at the crown, ensuring less turbulent gas conditions in front of the bullet.
- Up to 15% increase in precision and accuracy compared to conventional boat tail design.
- Flat base bullet precision and accuracy with boat-tail BC benefits.
- Boat tail angle conforms to the popular industrial standard for optimized BC.
- Tangent Ogive design is less “jump” sensitive.
- Ogive is not of a “bore rider” design, i.e. the ogive engages with the lands.
- The bullet is “tunable” for precision (i.e. jump adjustable).
- Bullet position in the case can be measured with ogive comparator tools.
- Both a “target” and “hunting” ogive designs available. Same impact point. Both a “target” and “hunting” ogive designs available. Same impact point.
2.4 Bearing Surface
- Designed within SAAMI tolerances.
- Improved low friction drive band design which results in:
– Minimum copper fouling
– Low-pressure characteristics
3. Hexagonal Boron Nitrate (HBN)
Hexagonal Boron Nitrate is widely used in industrial applications due to its excellent dry lubricating properties and ultra-high-temperature abilities. Hexagonal Boron Nitrate has the best combination of high-temperature resistance and lubricating properties, out of all solid lubricants available today.
3.1 Excellent Lubrication
- HBN application results in less fouling and less pressure compared to untreated monolithic bullets.
- Reduced extreme velocity spread and therefore improved precision and accuracy.
- Improved accuracy between the cold bore and follow-up shots. Further reduces elevation dispersion.
The Target bullet has the highest BC of the three types of bullets, and we recommend that it is used only for target shooting and not hunting. The Target bullet range is also useful to use when doing load developments.